Friday, November 20, 2015

This Month at Canada's History



Canada's History won a COPA gold last night for the webmail newsletter on Magna Carta (featuring my article from the print mag) sent out to e-subscribers a while ago. Now I did not really realize there was a Canada's History webmail newsletter and I did not know there were COPA awards until I heard about this nomination recently. But publisher Melony Ward and I scarfed poutine and partied with the Canadian Online Publishing Awards crowd last night at the Phoenix in Toronto.

That's Melony taking the bow above on behalf of the whole Canada's History digital team.

Meanwhile this month's Canada's History, now out to subscribers and newsstands, has Joel Ralph's feature article on Canadians in the Battle of Britain (great cover and images), plus Inuit explorers, the 50th anniversary of Beryl Fox's Vietnam doc "Mills of the Gods," and sorcery in New France.  My column is about, more or less, how to pronounce Kw'ik-w'iyà:la -- read it to see what I'm getting at.  And in the letters column, a little exchange about putting a date on Canadian nationhood.
 
Follow @CmedMoore