Tuesday, August 19, 2014

John A Macdonald, walking the walk


This Saturday, August 23, at the kind invitation of the Sir John A 2015 committee of Kingston, I'm going to be taking part in the John A Macdonald walking tour. Coordinator Gordon Gower assures me that his team of costumed animators will do all the hard work of entertaining guests on the walk. As featured Guest Tour Leader  (in the footsteps of luminaries ranging from Chief Justice of Canada Beverly McLachlan to Kingstonian Don Cherry), I just get to drop in comments here and there along the route. 2 pm and 4 pm walks, and I'm looking forward to it.

Some time ago, when I wrote a Canada's History column about conflicts over commemorating John A's bicentennial (does one mention the prairie genocide, the head tax?), Ann Stevens of SirJohn 2015 wrote a little piece about that for their website.

Info and tickets here. One former prime minister sez it's the best walking tour in the country.
 
Follow @CmedMoore